- Published on Thursday, 08 July 2010 01:00
- Written by Jonathan
This week: a double vocabulary lesson, the new KWA Mark II pistol is reviewed, Homemade Magpuls on a budget in tech tips, and the listener question is full of rage!
Audio Version Here:
This week: We get a 2 for 1 in Airsoft Vocabulary, we go poorsofter and make a Magpul on the cheap, review the new "Mark" series 1911's from KWA, and get all angry with with the pic of the show!
And...the limited edition summer patches are going fast! Head over to www.airsoftchannel.com/store and pick up your favorites before they are gone.
Shout-out: Andrew in Orland; Our Florida RAR....we had a blast playing at Combat City's "soft" opening, and meeting the Orlando Wolfpack; a great group of guys, and an amazing team.
1. 1st Inokatsu Colt 1911 is a prototype! Pics or it didn't happen.
2. Deep Fire Stun Grenade. It's deep, it fires, and it's a stun grenade...need we say more?
3. Enola Gaye Cold Smoke Grenade - 3rd gen...apparently 1 better than the 2nd gen.
4. Pantac USA for realz??? If so, good gear on the cheap is coming soon!
5. Magpul PTS's full kit FPG, made in partnership with KWA. Nuf said, start saving for it now!
VocabularyRambo (Thanks to Austin W for this one.): The Rambo is an airsofter who is too aggressive. Often seen sprinting around the field dual-wielding handguns, sub-machine guns, long rifles, even the occasional light machine gun. Very common at cqb fields, likes to take point, then goes lone wolf. Probably doesn't even own a radio, if he does it's just to yell that he's killed someone, or before he goes to battle screams "Leeroy Jenkins!!!!".
Terminator: The unstoppable force, the juggernaut, the walking bb sponge...this player is called by many names, but known best as the naught-killable cyborg from the move of the same name; The Terminator. This player will take just about ever BB shot to him/her just like they were wearing a kevlar jumpsuit. Chance of you seeing your bbs bounce off of them: 100%, chance of them calling their hits: 1%.
- Modest to heavy weight, similar to a real 1911.
- Crisp blow-back & responsive adjustable trigger.
- Cool Coyote Tan/Dark Earth color.
- Shoots hard and straight (350-370fps on Green and 370-390fps on Propane w/ .20s)
- Eack MK version has different bits (Sights, magwell, safeties, etc.) to fit your personal taste.
- Lower capacity than the double stack pistols out there
- Kinda pricey at $165+/-
- No trades. KWA markings take their place. (but that's SOP for KWA)
- Grips are a bit white for my liking...but nothing a bit of dirt from use can't fix.
Even with the rail, it fits in our Blackhawk SERPA dropleg.
Ours came with a barrel wrench (not like you need it), a neat touch.
Minor cosmetic changes aside, this is a very well made gas pistol that won't let you down, and it definitely continues the flawless KWA reputation of their Professional Training Pistol line. Built solid and shooting hard, it will serve you well for many games to come.
We give it our highest recommendation : "A Buy!"
Pic of the Show
This show's picture comes from listener Austin W, who spends a fair amount if time over at engrish.com... Remember, don't piss off the trigger!
Tech TipThe Poor Man's Magpul One of the ways that helps us to manipulate magazines easier is to just add a 'tail' of 'riggers tape' (the army calls it 100 mph tape) to the bottom of the magazine to aid in getting it out of the pouch. Add some paracord, and you've made yourself a magpul on the cheap.
2. You'll have to just listen in to hear Jack S.'s rage about all the the things that bug him in the world of airsoft. And believe us...it's a long list.