- Published on Tuesday, 13 March 2012 00:00
- Written by Jonathan
The Airsoftology Guys awake from their winter slumber to bring a long-awaited review of the AWS Raptor, debate over the new line of AEGs coming in 2012, and whispers about a 'Day of Noobs' abound!
Audio Version Here:
Speaking of our partners: Nashville Airsoft is doing another tech class in May...and this 'ain't yo Momma's tech class!
And... Airsoft barracks has 6.5% everything online off all through March; use the code MARCHMADNESS
1. Shoutout to Outlaw of the Brew City Bootleggers, from Rainmaker (one of our VERY long time listeners, Gabe)
2. Upcoming events:
- March 17th - Noob Day - Bad Karma
- March 18th - Vets Day - Bad Karma w/ Nashville Airsoft
- March 31st - SS Airsoft - Sugar Hill, GA - w/ Elite Airsoft, VooDoo Tactical, Crazy NC man, M7, Tominator of Pyramid Air, Shwell and more.
- April 27-29 - Airsoft Barracks and Battalion Airsoft - Echo1 tour
Caption Winner from Show #52
Congratulations to Gobbo with the winning entry, walking away with a Prize Pack from Airsoft Barracks!
"You think that's Impressive? You should see their Diaper bag!"
1. Alex R. - "Little Jimmy is getting three inch groupings at 200 yards, easy. Oh, and did you know he said his first word, yesterday? It was 'Remington.' Such a little tyke!"
2. Joe O’B “Wow, the Johnson's really take that baby on board thing seriously.”
3. Anonymous “Gives a whole new meaning to Dooms Day Preppers.”
1. SHOT Show Was AWESOME!
2. Madbull has releashed its new upper and lower recievers and now you can give your m4 that masada look!
3. SOCOM Gear is stepping up the name game:
4. Costa Ludus and Echo 1 have joined forces for a special project. Sadly. no details as of yet.
5. Crosman have launched their new marine line which involes 22 new airsoft guns from CO2 powered pistols to two full length aeg's. The marine corp hopes this will help with public image and to assist with recruiting.
8. And SB 798 is back again...Really?!?!?!?!
Pic of the show (Caption Contest)
Props to http://www.rogueamericanapparel.com/ for the pic.
Ok now's your chance. Give us your best, creatively funny caption to the picture above.
Our (bad) Example: “After having his van stolen from the parking lot at the Afghanistan Wal Mart, Bob found a way to prevent it from ever happening again.”
The winner will be judged by the Airsoftology crew and announced on the next show. The best part is that if you win, you'll not only get the bragging rights of winning, you'll also walk away with an Airsoftology T-Shirt of your choice.
Review: AWS Raptor MOSFET
Brought to you by: www.airsoft-barracks.com
Editors Note: We recieved our test unit from Airsoft Barracks as a demo. AWS has no connection to this review.
- Replaces the trigger with microswitches, no arcing (insane trigger response, lighter trigger pull due to removed extra spring in assembly)
- Adaptive ROF 10, 20 RPS etc
- Semi only with pre-cocking
- No solder install
- Adaptive braking
- LiPo/LiFE monitoring
- Burst fire.
- 1 year waranty
- Expensive at $99US
- Although no soldering required for install, you have to modify the selector plate (we mis-called it the tappet plate in the audio review, our bad!) by cutting it and strip your mechbox back to the shell.
- Comes with Tamaya connectors installed. For a high-end upgrade, most players will still clip and re-solder on their connector of choice.
- Requires bring along a cheat-sheet to remember the programming codes. (we took a photo and kept it on our phone)
With unparalleled trigger response, every mode and option imaginable, a 1 year warranty and the ability to run a 11.1v 40-50c lipo with no issues ( we tested this unit at 435fps w/ .25g bbs for over 10,000 rounds at the N vs S game at Combat City) we are very impressed with the package.
Even taking into account the slightly invasive install, the high price-tag and stock Tamaya connections, we give this our highest rating: “A Must Buy”
"You can't handle the truth!"
Game Ideas both good and bad: