- Published on Wednesday, 20 July 2011 00:00
- Written by Jonathan
Vintage airsoft guns, RA Tech's velocity reducer and hybrid barrels; Plus an in-depth review of Operation: Pine Plains from Eric Fine, who joins us in the 3rd seat.
Audio Version Here:
1. Big Shout Out to Alex Kong, he’s headed to Hong Kong and will be bringing us back news from the promised land.
2. Our good friend David B. who broke his ankle playing airsoft last weekend and still played 2 more games until sitting it out!
Caption Winner from Show #47
Congratulations to Tom S. with the winning entry:
"Oh my GOD is that what I think it is?! I haven't seen a glass coffee table since the mid 80's!"
Pyroclasm - "The real life equivalent to videogame ammo capacity"
TDA-Beall - "No more hassles with reloading! Just a pain in the butt when it jams."
The frog patches are gone for good, but our new patches are on order...and just in time for the summer! Stay tuned, we should have them in very soon!
This week’s news is brought to you (Entirely) by Jonathan Lee, thanks Jonathan!!!!
1. RA Tech has a good amount of new items, but the biggest is the VVT…a tool that lets you de-tune your AEG without opening the inside.:
2. Burst Wizard is making a "King Kong" version. It’s a long shot, but we think it’s bigger and better. Here's a comparison chart for the number fanatics out there:
3. "Vintage" Series M1 by way of RedWolfCustom is out, and they come in 6mm and 8mm calibers... but we have an idea on how to get the same look for less. Listen in for the pro tip.
4. Modify Hybrid tightbore barrels are in the wild. They are just like normal tightbores, only better. Seems like they use a different type of bucking that supposedly increases accuracy and FPS. Up to 30+ bonus according to some tests.
5. Move over Multicam, Condor coming out with A-TACS Gear.
Pic of the show (Caption Contest)
Ok now's your chance. Give us your best, creatively funny caption to the picture above.
Our (rather Lame) Example: With the extreme budget cuts this year, the 503rd Artillery Brigade made do with what they could.
The winner will be judged by the Airsoftology crew and announced on the next show. The best part is that if you win, you'll not only get the bragging rights of winning, you'll also walk away with a prize pack from the contest's sponsors: Airsoft Barracks t-shirt, a patch from our swag bin, and a Magpul 2010 Playing Card Deck!.
Good luck! May the most creative caption win!
No words here can describe the awesomeness of Operation: Pine Plains. Listen in as Eric Fine gives us the skinny on what we missed this year!
1. Tom S. has a good one: Hey Jonathan and Steve, I was wondering.. Is there a standard Mercy Rule? If so, what is it? I thought once someone says "Mercy" it is as good as being shot and there shouldn't be a choice of whether you are dead or not. According to my experience, the rule tends to vary up to encouraging cheating (in my case) Please let me know what you think about the Mercy rule, and if you have ever had the same experience.
2. Austin P. Writes I love the podcast and wondering if you could give me some advice on what upgrades to put into a m249 saw. My budget is $100 for upgrades. I am looking for range/accuracy My FPS limit is 500 with a .20. Oh buddy, strap in...do we have some answers for you!