- Published on Tuesday, 14 July 2009 01:00
- Written by Jonathan
We're back for show #13 and Steve, Tim and Jonathan are here again to take you through the wild world of airsoft...in song?!!!??! We blame the excessive caffeine. Excuses aside, we promise not to sing ever again. Really. :)
Clark joins us again for this show as a in-studio guest, but this time he's more color commentary than interviewee. Tim's back in rare form as well, bringing his famous "sniper-ego". Lets just say that Jonathan has his hands full again.
Full of the stuff you want to hear, this promises to be another great (and wild) show.
Informative with a touch of humor; we break down the news, gear reviews and tech tips that you want to hear.
- G&G has a new L96 gas sniper rifle on the horizon and so far it looks good from the pictures. Check out their site for all of the details.
- The long awaited Magpul UBR stock is finally out for real-steel, and they have an airsoft version as well. The good news is that it is awesome, the bad news is that it's almost sold out everywhere and costs $175 US. You canlook at the pictures and drool here, and if your lucky enough to get one we are jealous!
-Redwolf put together a rather funny "pain test" video, answering the age old question of what hurts more: a 6mm or 8mm BB? Watch it here and judge for yourself.
- Speaking of videos, Airsoft GI has put out a blooper reel of their youtube video outtakes. Funny stuff. Check it out here.
- After a few listener emails, we took notice of a preorder over at Airsoft GI for the (KWA) Umarex MP7 for $255. A bunch cheaper than we though in the last show, and if your interested you better preorder. With all the hype we expect them to go very fast!
- Echo1 has 2 BIG pieces of news this show and one is a game-changer. 1st, they have a new metal body Stag Arms M4 on the books. All we can say is move over CA, there's a new Sheriff in town.
- The second bit of Echo 1 news is a doozie! They have been put through the hardest test in airsoft and have came out victorious! They are now ASGK certified...to us normal people that means they have gained the Japanese airsoft regulatory commission's approval to sell airsoft replicas in Japan, joining the hollowed ranks of Marui and WA. Our hats off to you! Read all about it on their blog at their site: www.echo1usa.com
- Finally, Well has a new AW .338 gas sniper on the market, and it very affordable if your on the hunt for a rifle. No talk about the quality, but it looks to be a direct copy of the Ares AW .338. If your interested, check it out at Everything Airsoft.
- While this show's review isn't a new product, it is one of our all time favorite airsoft parts on the market today. If you haven't heard about this yet, let us introduce you to the pinnacle of pistons: The Super Core piston by System.
The company name's not a typo....this isn't from Systema, but the other super-custom Japanese part company of a similar name. Listen in and hear our review of this piston among pistons, and if you are interested in buying one (and you should) you can find them here and here.
- We've had many requests for this tip, especially as you guys and gals start getting into the serious upgrading that we sometimes talk about on the show. You've twisted our arms enough so we finally gave you the dirt on Bore Up Cylinder kits.
We cut through all the half-truths and misinformation around this mystifying part and give you the best common sense explanation that we can. Join us as we explain how the elusive Bore Up kit actually works, and when you'll need one.
The listener segment is back!
Jonathan has actually worked through most of the backlog of 100's of emails and has started pulling some of the good ones for this and future shows. Don't let that stop you from calling and writing, we still need your input and questions to make the show good!
We actually do like to hear from you so send us your questions for us to answer on the show. We also want to know what you think about us, good or bad! If you have something you want to contribute, there are many ways that you can do it.
- Leave a comment on the blog.
- Call us and leave a voicemail that we can play on the show @ 615-713-2227
- Find us on Skype, just look for "airsoftology" or our number 6157132227
- "Fan" us on Facebook