- Published on Sunday, 29 March 2009 01:00
- Written by Jonathan
Episode #6 hot off the press...er, computer!!! Jonathan, Chris and Tim return in "original" rare form with less distractions for another episode of the Airsoftology podcast. Informative with a touch of humor; they break down the news, gear reviews and tech tips that you want to hear.
There is a petition to bring back the OpSec airsoft podcast! A listener has posted it up and Radar and crew are paying attention. We've all signed it (cause we love the show) and you should too! Head there NOW!
Normally we aren't a big fan of plugging local games (just 'cause there are so many of them and it is hard to give equal time), but we'll make an exception for a charity game. We didn't mention it on the show but our friend "Full Metal" (and his team: Silent Ops) here in Nashville are putting on a charity game for the American Cancer Society. Here's the link to the info, the game is April 4th 2009...and it's for a good cause. While you are there, he has a few videos from the noob day event last week, check em out.
- Adian Minter has a new airsoft book on the horizon, promising “pure Airsoft and Milsim eye candy for your coffee table”. AIRSOFT INFIDELS – The Very Best of Airsoft & Milsim Photography: Book One. No website as of yet but progress can be tracked on Twitter.com via the authors signature “alliedagent”
- WGC shop has the new King Arms 556 HOLO ($413 US) and the VFC PDW's ($395 US) in stock and ready for shipment. If you're in the market for a high quality replica, hit them up.
- Our friends at Bioval have let us in on a secret...they are opening THE Marui distributor and service center in the US soon. Once they give us the date and location, you will be the 1st to know. Also, the Bioval BB's are getting restocked in the US around the 2nd week of April so start checking your retailers. WooHoo, let the soul-stealing resume!
- Big news! Crosman has announced a partnership with some major players in the airsoft industry, including Classic Army. They will be selling the CA sportline model under the Crosman name and they will be offering the Blamo marker BB to all of their outlets (hmmm....) We're working up some in-depth questions and are interested in seeing what they have to say.
- Chris is back in the reviewing seat and he brings us some gems this show. Chris covers the new Classic Army M4 A.B.S. (Blowback) and we give it a 6/10. We also review the tan marine CIRAS replica plate carrier from ebaybanned. Not bad for the price so we give it a 8/10 for the non-geardos and a 4/10 for the geardo crowd (cause it isn't real). Check out all the review pics and dirty details at Chris' site.
Tech Tip of the Week
Chris has wrestled the tech tip segment back from Tim...and thank GOD!!!! This show he covers how to convert your version 2 mechbox into semi-auto only. This is moderate in difficulty so you will want to see the how-to from Chris before you go nuts on it.
In the listener segment we answer your email and calls on the show. We have some good ones this week, so a big thanks for your calls. We talk about a limited upgrade sniper rifle project (we all disagree on the answer), read a response to the no-hit calling question we posed a few shows back, All good questions so keep them coming!!!!!!
We want to hear from you! Please send us your questions to answer on the show. We also want to hear what you think about us, good or bad! If you have something you want to contribute, there are many ways that you can do it.
- Leave a comment on the blog.
- Call us and leave a voicemail that we can play on the show @ 615-713-2227 (prefered!)
- Find us on Skype, just look for "airsoftology" or our number 6157132227
- "Fan" us on Facebook